Firefox 4 is finally out and has a bundle of features packed with it . The Update was made available yesterday and statistically recorded a whooping 6 Million download’s as it just passes 24 hours . The downloads are rapidly increasing as every second passes by , and we are pretty sure that many of you have been waiting eagerly for Firefox to distribute this out to it’s users. An interactive display of the downloads are viewable here .
The New Firefox 4 , as you already know was in it’s beta stage until yesterday . The beta and it’s early screenshots made it’s way out long back as could be noted here .
So lets us open up this package and discuss about it’s all new features .
Improved Design and user Interface -
- Tabs and Tabs Grouping – We have an all new Tab interface on the very top . The old Firefox 3 like menu bar has been removed by default . We have this new glossy looking background where the tabs are bring displayed . Tabs allow you to easily identify the sites that you are on . You are also able to attach Application tabs to check your web mail , switch-to-tab where in you are allowed to search for already open tabs and escape from duplication of tabs for the same site , ability to reopen an accidentally closed tab by click on recently opened tabs and also allows smooth scrolling between many tabs .
- Firefox Button – All of your menu items are now available under this hood . With a simple click on the Firefox button you are able to access the various options of the menu bar .
- You have a new Reload and stop button which is much more minified ,The front and back button looking refined , a new home and book mark button all towards the right .
- Apart from those great noticeable features we have the availability to sync our passwords , bookmarks and the ultimate pop-up blocker to get rid of those nasty pop ups .
- The easy search which is powered by Google allows you to easily search through various search engines and shopping sites like Google itself , Yahoo , Bing , Amazon , eBay and Wikipedia .
The Super quick Performance Upgrade -
Better Security , easy Personalization & improved HTML5 and CSS3 support -
Firefox allows to conduct private browsing sessions , shows up Websites ID , Anti Phishing and Anti-virus integration to keep you safe from different malwares online , automated security updates and better parental control over websites .
Apart from security we finally have the freedom to personalize Firefox the way we want , by managing add-ons , plugins , personas – which allows you to give your firefox a new look and style .
As it was already known that Firefox had support for HTML5 and CSS3 in it’s beta stage , and has done massive improvements in this field , You are able to view HD videos as powered by WebM , Indexed DB where in it would allow Developers to experiment with inbrowser storage capabilities , CSS3 transitions , multi touch support , web console with a DOM interface and many more .
Finally looking at all these features in brief , you might have an overview on how far Firefox would still maintain it’s position as one of the top web browsers even after facing competition from various competitor browsers .
For more features in detail visit here