Apple on Thursday had previewed the new Mac OS X Lion to the developers , showing off it’s new features all at a time , the latest preview version being 11A390 . The Max OS X Lion was first previewed previously at October 2010 at an event conducted by Apple’s Steve Job ” Back to Mac “.
Apple has made a press announcement on it’s web page about the release yesterday . This would be the 8th major release of the Mac OS , certain views of the OS taken from how the iPad was designed to perform . The new features include :
- A Built in Mac App store providing access to thousands of applications , games , utilities and various other stuff just like on your iPad where you have the iPhone App store . The application store is available for all Mac’s running the Snow leopard version of the OS and also the new soon to come out Mac OS – Lion .
- The Quick launch pad where in you will be able to quickly browse through various applications just through one click of the launch pad button . It should allow you to group and create separate folders by dragging around different applications . All of these in Full Screen !
- Several applications like the iphoto , Mail , iCal ( calendar ) and various other documents can be viewed in Full screen .
- The Mission control just like the task manager , where in you can see the number of applications running and a thumbnail of them all in one dashboard .
- Multi-touch gestures allow you to easily scroll and zoom into images , pages while browsing through . It should be quick and responsive upon each swipe and move .
- The various other features put together include : Auto saving of files , documents etc , Resume feature which would allow you to resume from your previous sleep state , Airdrop file sharing service , Versions feature allowing you to browse documents like in the past , Mail 5 , file vault for securing files and much more .
This not only includes a normal desktop OS , but also the new Mac OS Lion for servers allowing you to easily set up your server and the software , create wiki’s and set up different networking services like VPN and managing server settings .